Question

willd2345

Is finger hut hurting my credit score?
I've had finger hut for years, and haven't used it in three years., My limit with them is $2,000. Every couple months I get a letter saying my credit limit was raised but in order to keep that limit I must use some of it. Which I don't do. So they take the limit back down and I can see that on on karma to. Limit goes up and downthan up and down..I was thinking since the limit goes up and than I don't use it than it goes down because I'm not using it because I don't want to pay for something for five years is that hurting my score with the up and down limits like that? It happens at 6 times a year.

Most Helpful Response

Well if your not using it, it shouldnt be hurting you.  Depending on the rest of your profile it could be helping you.  If you are using other credit cards and letting a balance show then it could be helping your utilization.  I have cards that I dont use but i dont close them because the avalible credit helps if I ever carry a balance.  But if you are not carring a balance on your cards it is not having a affect on your score at all.