Question

Joeykempo

Is deleting this paid account from my report a good idea?
I had over due car taxes sent to collections. I've since paid them off in full. Will removing these from my report help my score? If so how do I go about doing that?

Thats not how it works.

It's not your choice what appears on your credit report or for how long. 

Old paid off accounts will still show on your credit report for 7 years from the last payment. sometimes longer. All part of your credit history that your score is based on.  I had a closed credit card account that  reported for 14 years! It was showing "paid" each month so I never had it removed.   Anything to do with the governments such as tax liens and bankruptcy stay on your report for 10 years.  Once they hit those limits they will generally come off with out your having to do anything. 

Good, bad or indifferent, there are laws that regulate what is on your report.  

If the info is inaccurate, there are steps you can take to rectify that. But if the info is true, there's nothing you can do about it being reported. 

Hope that helps