Question

sunporchjr

IS credit karma scores the same as the FICO score

I think (and I may be wrong about this, but from what I've seen on my own profile, I'm fairly certain I'm telling you the right thing) that CreditKarma only uses your scores from TransUnion and Equifax, but doesn't use your FICO score. Can anyone else confirm this?

The scores here are calculated using the Vantage 3 method and the information comes from the Transunion and Equifax credit bureaus.The scores here are for use in the learning process provided by Credit Karma since credit education is the purpose of this site.  FICO has access to information from all three credit bureaus and has their own way of calculating a credit score. None are wrong and none [are the "absolutely" right score.  Reading the articles here provides a good education on how credit works and they are worth the time.