Is Credit Karma owned by Capital One?
There are a dozen recommendations for Capital One credit cards all over Credit Karma, but if you read the reviews here on Credit Karma, these cards are hurting more then helping peoples credit.

Most Helpful Response

I am not sure why people hate Capital one -- they have not been better or worse to me than any other credit card issuer or bank.

Changes in my score in either directions have always been due to my choices and circumstances.

The reality is Capital One accepts certain credit card holders with lower credit scores than many other banks. there usually is a reason for why the score is low to begin with. That means that Capital One does take a chance on such people and it doesn;t always work out. So ou will see complaints:  starting with the common misudnerstanding that pre-approved means guaranteed approval even though the not so fine print explains otherise and it goes on from there.

So you have two choices youc an complain about  the offers you get or you can choose to use the tools provided.

Since it costs money to set up and maintain an Internet site, and we are NOT charged a cent to use Credit Karma, doesn't it make sense that someone is sponsoring this site??  Capital One (since it does advertise the cards) is, apparently, one of the sponsors. And PEOPLE hurt their credit by making the errors they do in using/abusing their credit cards.

Credit Karma is set up to provide the education and online, interactive tools to help people LEARN how to handle credit wisely so they can build and maintain a good credit score. 

I don't have a Capital One card because I made the decision to go with one from my credit union.  But I do appreciate the tools provided by Credit Karma because they sare very helpful.

Capital One is a disaster

I had a secured card with Capital One and always paid it in full before the end of the billing cycle. Due to a clerical error in the bank transfers I made to pay them, eleven payments were suddenly reversed and I had to make a new transfer between banks to cover it. No problem, or so I thought. Capital One cancelled the card weeks ago and they still haven't refunded my initial deposit. So instead of incresing my credit score, having this card has given me a black mark and I'm out my $500 deposit until such time that they decide to audit their books. Dealing with their customer service has been a nightmareish parade of uninformed but well meaning office clerks who have no authority to act.

Maybe now you realize that you shouldn't make clerical errors when doing bank transfers?