Question

noonamee

Is credit built on my name or on my social security number
A while ago my dad wanted to order something online. So I let him use my account but he used his own credit card. With the shipment I received a bill from Fedex for taxes and duties because the order came from out of the US. My dad didn't pay the bill. Now the charge was transferred to a collection agency. The collection agency sent me a bill since the online account has a my name and my address. So will that impact my credit, knowing that I did not use my credit card or my SSN at all? It is just my name and my address are being used.

As far as I know, all a creditor or debt collector needs is your name and address to add a collection to your reports. If I were you, I would contact the collection company right away and offer them a full payment with their agreement to not place the account on your reports if they haven't done so yet.