Question

5150rn2

Is Capitol One's quicksilver one account an upgrade from their platinum
I have had a platinum card from Capitol one for at least a year now. I was recently notified that I was eligible to upgrade to Quicksilver one,lowered interest rate and added cash back. I also applied and got a a 2nd quicksilver one card ( account). A few days ago checking my account , both accounts were listed and both said Quicksilver, got the cards = quicksilver. A few days after the initial approval, I ordered cards that had pictures on them .. loved the way they turned out But now no quicksilver emblem. I went online and checked both accounts are now platinum. I called c1 and they said they were the same. "It's a quicksilver platinum card" and then said it's because that was what MasterCard issued. Also my account that was "upgraded" has no annual fee and the new quicksilver card has a $39 annual fee. I am irritated and frustrated, this was supposed to be a step up in the credit climb.. so is it an upgrade or no? I was kind of proud of myself thinking I had upgraded . But did I ?

Same here..

I had the old platinum and then applied for the QS.  So, I ended up w 2 cards from them.  Later complained and was offered the "upgrade". I like the cashback option. Plus they never expire. Call them occasionally and asked them to waive the fee.