Question

Mickey313803

Is canceling a Credit Card harmful to my credit? Even if I have other active lines of credit?
I got a pre-offer for a credit card, so no hard pull was done on my credit. Long story short this card does not offer automatic payment options and it obviously is a card that sets you up to fail so they can make interest. If i cancel this card will it hurt my credit? It is only a $450 line of credit, I have 2 other credit cards that total almost $4,000 in credit plus two major retail cards and an auto loan. So canceling this should not harm me will it? or should I just keep the card and not use it.

In general i'm think closing accounts is not a good ideal.  If it does not have a yearly fee I would leave it open.  Just dont use it if you think that you might forget about it.  Also, DON'T sign up for credit you dont need.