Question

Jesse1903

Is a place allowed to do this?
Hi, I applied for a credit card at a Credit Union, and they ran my credit, ( i see it already on my report ), and today I get a call with them telling me that I need to be 21 in order to apply for the card. Are they allowed to hit my credit, knowing that I am not 21? Can I dispute the inquiry?

That is a very good question (to me). If you applied in person and especially if they were the one input your infos into computer? They should've advised you it's terms and conditions. When/If they failed to do so and ran your app without advising their T&C? then you shouldn't be left holding a inquiry, well, because you weren't apply for it to begin with. However, you probably should "dispute" it with that Credit Union than Credit Bureaus, I would talk to its manager.

Before you clicked on the apply button did you read all the Legal ease information and was it the age requirements in there.   

Most people blindly click thru and accept that information ,  read it and find out if age requirements are there. 

They called instead of putting it in writing because you would have proof for legal action against them. Ask the credit union to put the reason in writing so you can atleast try and get it removed.