Question

cem31

Is a finance company allowed to run a hard inquiry on credit besides when I first started the loan?
I have had my loan for 6 months and today I see that my finance company ran a hard inquiry on my credit. I'm voluntarily giving up the car due to a change in income, they said they are allowed to run it in regard to the repossession and don't need my permission

Most Helpful Response

Usually lenders will make you sign an agreement before getting credit extended to you in which you agree that they can check your credit at any time while you are doing business with them. The repossession really has nothing to do with why they are allowed to do this, the repossession is the reason though that they chose to do this.