Question

Posted in Retirement

moparbill

Investment Advice
My financial advisor has recommended that I consider investing in an Allianz Index Advantage Variable Annuity. I have heard many negative comments about annuities. Does anyone have any advice on this particular offering? I am 74 years old.

Most Helpful Response

Investments are a personal decision that does not involve using credit.  Personally, if you have doubts about anything, don't do it.  And investments are best if you can have a long term to get the financial growth.  Savings accounts aren't worth beans now,.  I'm 69 and will not do any investment annuities because they would have to be high risk investments to possibly yield any decent funds, and I don't like anything risky. 

If you're not comfortable with your advisor's advice, maybe interview some others.  My advisor has my funds in numerous safe to moderate risk investments. Some annuities and lots of ETF'S, and a myriad of other things. We generally meet every three months, unless the market is crazy and he wants to go over some investment changes.  As the market climate changes, so should some strategic investments.