Question

Cbaires

intimidating debt collectors
i called to find out about a debt on my credit report. To see if it can be settled for a lesser amount. I work with a a debt consolidation company but this one debt to to small fro them to add to my monthly payment. I called but was told to stop paying all my bills for the month to pay this. Im like i cant afford the full amount. But, i can pay half and the other half 2 weeks from now. It was no you cant i have to pay it in full. Intimidation i guess is the way to go now a days. I don't know how to handle this appropriately

It is useless to try negotiating a payment via phone because most of the people you talk to do not have the authority to make such arrangements.  The purpose of Credit Karma is to TEACH people how credit works and how to build your score. Among the articles are those covering the Statute of Limitations on Collections and how to negotiate a 'pay for delete' agreement.  I have read them,made needed changes and benefitted greatly from that knowledge.  It is here for you if you want it.