Question

E02893

Inquiries on credit report
It appears that 2 hard inquiries on my record may be all that stands in the way of my having a perfect score ,850. I understand the reasons that heavy inquiries may represent credit issues but that in itself jumps to possible wrong conclusion. In my case I take any free interest cards when making major purchases and always pay the debt in full way before the free interest person is gone. Thus I have wisely used credit and the penalty of the inquiry lasts 2 years as a negative on me. I believe the system needs to recognize this and at least remove the inquiry when a zero balance is reached on that line. Lord knows enough time and programming is done to detect anything negative so how about the same for folks with excellent credit?

From what I understand, Hard inquiries only affect your FICO scores for 1 year, even though the inquiry remains on your reports for 2 years. In my opinion there is no way that 2 inquiries are causing you any score depression, there are a multitude of things that calculate a perfect credit score.