Increasing total # of accounts and affect of hard inquires
I need to increase my total number of accounts according to creditkarma. I currently have 7 and need over 20+ to have an A rating. I could run around and open a lot of new credit accounts but this comes at the price of having hard inquires hit my credit score which will lower it. My question is...HOW IS THIS FAIR?

If I open the accounts to improve the amount of credit I have available to increase my credit score, then I will lose more credit and have a lower credit score then that i started with. I'm looking to refinance my auto loan soon in the future and I'm in the market for a house. It just seems like this system of credit scoring is unfair and unnecessarily punishes you for trying to improve your score. Any thoughts on how I can increase my total accounts with getting whacked by hard inquires that will stay on my credit for 2-5 years???? Please help