Question

RecoveryNeeded

Increase on time payment percentages
Have a lot of missed payments from various school loans due to forgetting to renew my forbearance, and I was wondering how to increase my payment percentage (96%). I have two new credit cards I've never missed a payment on but that's not really helping.

Its the law of averages.

Thats the algoritium that credit reporting uses.  Student loans are one of the most common payments that do not get paid on time.  The fact that your still at 96% is good.  Only time will help with these. The longer it has been since the last late payment the less impact it will have.  I had a school loan that reported 22 late payments all at once.  They had been mailing bills to an old address, when the loan came due 30 years after i graduated. It had never appeared on any credit report. When i actually got the bill I paid it all off in 1 payment.  Thats when they reported 22 late payments.  My score dropped 125 points in one day!  It took about 6 months for my score to recover to where it was and I know that my score would be even better if they had not reported the late pays.  

So  the take away is that Time is the answer.