Question

Cara1106

Increase Credit Score - Personal Loan vs. Credit Cards
Hi everybody,

I just moved to the US in Dec. 2015 and opened my secured credit card in January 2016. I am also an authorized signer (1 secured credit card & 1 credit card). By now I do have a credit score of 719.
My husband and I are planning to buy a house in 2017 and I know it's very important to have a good credit history as well as a good score.

Would it make sense to apply for a personal loan (we are actually thinking of buying a new mattress for ~$1500 = 12-24 months) or would it make more sense to apply for 1-2 credit cards?

Also, would the amount of a personal loan make any difference? Is it better to have a $1500 or a $15000 loan?

Thanks so much!