Question

Hansie28

increase credit limit and add co applicant
I want to add my wife as co-applicant on credit card to increase her credit and I also want to increase my credit limit as my credit utilization is going beyond 10% few times. Which one I should do first so It will not affect our credit score and imprvoe our credit score ?
Increase credit limit on credit cards and then add co-applicant OR
Add co-applicant and then Increase credit limit

Most Helpful Response

It would not matter, but you may not be able to add her as a joint account holder or coapplicant as the account is already open, you may however add her as an "authorized user" and that would help her credit if the account is aged and in good standing. Be aware that some credit card companies will require a "hard inquiry" for a credit line increase and that can slightly ding your scores, but many credit card companies do not do a hard inquiry for a credit line increase request.