Question

Miked103

Incorrect information
The previous address listed is wrong. If looked at closer, one can see that the "previous address" is one digit and one letter off from my actual address which leads me to believe someone wrote it wrong somewhere possibly a typo. My address is and always has been the same I have lived here my whole life. Also I only have one macy's credit card and one Barclay card credit card. This disturbs me because I do not know how this mistake could have happened. Could it possibly be due to the fact that my dad has a similar name as me? Also I am assuming this is outdated because my oldest credit card is 10 months old and this report states that it is 3 months old. Finally I have no idea where all those inquiries could have came from I have only had one car loan 2 years ago (lease) which would account for one and the others have been for a mortgage which I was recently was approved for. I was told that multiple inquiries when looking for a mortgage only count as 1 inquiry. And I in fact did not even give the other mortgage broker permission to use mine as I was planning on using a credit union the entire time but my real estate agent insisted I was pre approved by his mortgage broker friend who then took it upon himself after the fact to run my score to try and compete with the credit union. Please advise thank you so much for your time.

Most Helpful Response

looks like your report needs a little...

House Keeping.   You can correct the address by simply filing a "Dispute" on line with each of the CRA's at their websites. Also file seperate disputes for any of the other accounts that you believe may be your fathers.  You can also dispute the inquiries. 

Anything that is not cleared up with "disputes"  you can follow up with "Validation Letters" Google it to find a template on line. This requires them to validate the account and prove that the account is yours and that they have followed all laws in trying to collect them.  Read up to learn more about these. 

Miked103

Thank you so much for your quick response. That's exactly what I will do. I thought I cleared it up because my fico was correct but when I looked at the transunion version there was still errors. Luckily it didn't affect my getting approved for anything. 

Much appreciated

incorrect loan infromation

you show 2 home loans when one was closed back in Sept of 2013.  How does this get corrected when looking at my credit report

DLCHILDS74

You hae to contact the three credt bureaus. Then if the credit bureaus don't remove it contact the Federal Trade commission a www.ftc.gov.  I there is still an issue then contact the consumer Financial Protection Bureau. I have gotten assistance from them before so just use all of your resources and then send out a validation letter for the company to prove that the account belongs to you but ask for documentation.