Question

jessie3306

Incorrect credit updates
I have been through a few updates here on creditkarma, but my credit card utilization has not updated correctly, I have one card where the balance is at zero the last couple updates it shows on here the balance being close to $600, and another credit card my current balance is a little over $200 and the last couple updates, it has changed a little but not correctly, it showed my balance coming down from a little over $1400 to @ $1200 , another card that has a zero balance shoe I owe $135, my utilization has updated from poor to fair , but if it had updated properly I would be in good rating!! I don't put much faith in credit karma I just use it as basic reference !! But it's irritating to look on here trying to get a decent close figure, and the info it shows is very incorrect!!!

Check the dates that the accounts

were updated by the creditor.  If you look under the accounts on your report, click on the little arrow and it will open to a page showing the account info.  It will show the account info including Date Opened, Credit limit etc. including the last date they reported the account.  Not all creditors report immediately or even monthly.

Personally, I have accounts that only report once every 2 months and a loan that only reports quarterly. A lot of this has to do with the fact that it cost the creditor money to report so some report less often in order to save a little money. 

If the info isn't updated to your credit report then it wouldn't be updated on CK either. 

The Credit scores on CK use the vantage scoring algoritium. It tends to be very critical of your credit behavior and tends to give low scores.  I consider the scores here to be the "lowest" i can expect any creditor to ever see.  My FICO scores and others all tend to be higher than what I see here.

Hope that helps.