Question

anne12344

Incorrect Balance/Credit Info on CK?
My account shows the wrong balance/credit debt that I have. I have four credit cards now, with varying balances, probably a total of or a little over 1000 dollars but the balance that CK shows is only around 600, so this is wrong. It also reccomends me for credit cards that I already have. Does anyone know why this is and how I can get this fixed? Much appreciated, thanks!

Credit Karma is not a credit bureau, no lender is going to look here for info on you. Keep in mind that it takes time for things to be updated. Credit card companies usually only update your balance to the credit bureaus once per month, and Credit Karma only updates every seven days. So there can be quite a lag sometimes to see changes. You should not rely on Credit Karma to check your balances, check your statements with your credit card companies. And never, try to "fix" something regarding credit, until you have done thorough reading on the topic. I say this because many and I mean many people do things like this, they damage their credit doing something that they thought was the right thing when it wasn't. And the damage cannot be undone. I do not mean to come off as a hardcase, just want to be sure to get my point across.