Question

fumjum

Inconsistency with payment history on bad debt I have not paid in over 2 years.
I am in serious debt with many credit cards in charge off, so I checked my credit report on freecreditreport.com and the payment history is confusing me. One card says that I have failed to pay for over 2 years, but the newest entry for August of this year says OK. I have also noticed that other credit card reports on the same credit report do not even go as far as last year and some show the last payment history to be "OK". I am waiting for my bad credit to fall off my report after 7 years; will this OK risk that not happening?

Credit companies do not always post to all three bureaus and there is no actual requirement that they do so.   Look at the last reported date, usually it will be 7 years from that date.   The OK report will not hurt your score as it will still time out from date of the reporting.