Question

Regis98

Inaccurate total of my debt on my dashboard
When I look at what Credit Karma says my total credit card debt is, it is inflated quite substantially due to 3 different cards balances are posted twice, doubling the amount of those three cards. When I get the reminders of a payment due date, I get them in duplicates. I think this happened because of linking the cards to credit karma. Instead of linking that card, it lined it AND added it causing the duplicate amount. How do I get this corrected so I see the actual amount of debt I have to pay off? There doesn't seem to be any phone number or email address to ask for help in resolving this issue directly. I just want to ensure that their double recording isn't effecting my score in a negative way and ensure I am getting an accurate credit score. I am consider purchasing a house and/or vehicle in the next year and am working on improving my score as much as I can before making those purchases.

Joan62

I don't want to respond to anyone else's debt problems and I don't know if I can totally trust Credit Karma with my information due to the fact that the one in so called collections looks like no payments were ever applied to it and I state this is identity thieft.  I will not comment to anyone else's debt problems only mine.