Question

kbutler1245

Inaccurate Charge Off?
I have a charge off on my credit report from a voluntary repossession but I'm confused because I've been reading around and a charge off is suppose to reflect a balance of $0. My charge off is reflecting a balance of roughly $10,000 (which it should be something like $14,000). It's also showing that I'm continuing to make payments (even though it reflects my monthly payments being $0) with the last payment being received at the beginning of August. It also showing in the number of 30/60/90 days late as 0/0/0. If nothing was ever late and I'm still paying why would my loan be charged off then? I'm just wondering if I should dispute it because of all the inaccuracies or would that be more hurtful to me? The balance is continually decreasing but if I can get the charge off removed completely, that'd be great.

Most Helpful Response

Yes you should dispute it.

kbutler1245

But what if I dispute it and the bank or whoever investigates it and sees that the balance after the car was sold at the auction is actually something like $14,000?