Question

jhill774

in relation to my credit limit, how much is the max i should charge per month and get good credit.
I just got a secured cc. What Im not too sure about is this. Should i just make sure i don't spend more than 30% on my credit limit each month, or is it just having under 30% of limit on balance when cycle ends?

I was thinking of actually leaving like 10.00 after each billing cycle on my card so the get a little interest,which in turn boosts your credit more. My limit is 200 for now

Any detailed advice will help a lot. I want to maximize my effort to raise my credit as fast as possible.

Most Helpful Response

With a limit of $200

Keeping utilization down may be harder if you can only spend $40 to $60 on it. 

I say go ahead and use it up to about $100 a month, for the first 6 months or so.  When the statement comes in pay it down.  by that I mean leave a little balance on it.  If the balance due is $110.50  pay off $100.  If is $89.25  pay down $85.  Contrary to what others have said here, I have found that my score improves much faster is there is a little balance left on the card.  I think it shows the CC co's that they have a chance of making money off of you.  Once your score improves, then just start paying the balance off each month when the statement comes in.