Question

SFCA83

In collections again?
Once an account has been on a credit report which the state I live is 6 years and where the credit originally began was in another state that is 4 years can a creditor resubmit the account on the credit bureaus? I received a letter from a collection agency for a debt that was taken off my credit report 2 years ago and want to know what I need to do to protect my progress in repairing my credit.

If the collection account is past the seven years SOL then it cannot be reported. Seven years starts from the date of last activity. If a collector "reaged" the debt under a new collection account, dispute the account for removal.