Question

SFCBenny

Improving my score
I have no current credit cards and my bank account is joint. Do I have to have a credit card to help my score improve?

Most Helpful Response

Absolutely. You should get at least 2 credit cards if you do not currently have any revolving accounts open on your reports, 3 would be better and 3 would be enough to build. Generally, your FICO scores (pay attention to those, they are the important scores) will jump just for opening a couple lines of revolving credit if you currently do not have any. Even if need be, get secured cards that report to all the credit bureaus.