Question

ASweet1

Improving my Score
I have paid off all my bad debt and am staying on top of my car loan and my one credit card payment each month. I am not sure how else to increase my credit score? I have school loans but still in school so haven't started paying on those yet. I went to refinance my car to get my payment lowered so I could make double payments on it to pay it off faster and I need a co-signer and I don't have that ability. I feel stuck in a rut. All I want is to increase my score so I can be approved for a higher amount on my home loan. I am house hunting and the loan officer suggested to refinance my car to get my payment lower so I have more room to pay on a mortgage, but I don't have a co-signer. I only have 16 more payments left on my car but want to buy a home like in the next three months. I am in a bind and need advice? What else can I do?

Really, you are not in a bind..... Think about it.... You are letting your emotions and your wants dictate what is reasonable. Take your time wait a little longer and pay off your car loan first. Then go and get the house you want that is "in your budget". Continue to use your cc and make purchases on things you would normally buy with cash and pay it off in full each month. This will help increase your score as well. Please take your time and do the right thing. It will have a great reward in the end.... Good luck my friend...