Question

Alman77

improving credit
the only thing i have negatively affecting me is credit card debt. and quite a menial amount at that. altho it is a high percentage of my credit limit. besides paying that off.... what are some ways i cld improve my credit? my current score is 607. the simulator says if i pay off all debt it will be 683. i was hoping to get it around 710-720. so i would not have very far to go once i pay off my credit debt. providing the simulator is correct.

Things that improve your credit - keeping a balance of 1-3% of your credit limit on your credit cards at all times; having a good mix of credit (i.e.revolving, installment, mortgage), paying all bills on time.  You can try getting more good credit to increase your score, but only after you pay down your card to 3% balance.  Do that first and see how your score reacts.  For more info, visit www.credit.about.com