Question

martymcfly88

Improving Age of Credit History Score
If my wife adds me as an authorized user to her oldest credit card, could this improve my Age of Credit History Score?

Thanks!

improving my age of credit history

My score is currently a B with an age of 6 comprising of one credit card I have had for 25 years and another that is only 1 year old.  IF I cancel the card that is only 1 year old, will that improve my rating in this area?

Close lower age cards

Is it better to improve my age history score if I close cards that I have with less than 5 years of age and keep the longer years of agehistory

answer

the straight answer is: it might

Adding a card under aj account in good standing may help your credit score. It definitley won't hurt it.