Question

CoolLikeAC

Improved Score, Applying for New Credit Line
Hi, how's everyone doing?

I recently got my score up from a 590 to 740. I had two things in collections that shouldn't have been there, and they're both removed. My payment history is perfect, and in the last 3 months I've kept it under 10% utilization.

I only have one card with a $500 limit, nothing in collections, one hard pull from car insurance, and my score averages between the 3 bureaus about 740. My plan is to apply for one new credit card each year, that way I only have 2 hard pulls at a time on my report (each one clears in one year). Then use each card to buy maybe a few dollars of things (a few bags of salad here, a $10 car wash there, etc.), and pay it in full each month. I want to apply for a new line of credit, but want to ask for recommendations.

I'm thinking the Barclay Rewards Mastercard since it requires an average score of 658 so I'm likely to get approved, no annual fee, and some cash back. What are the odds of getting approved? Also, any recommendations on another card?

Thank you.

With a 740 score you should be able to qualify for any card you want.  Visit creditcards.org to compare all available and pick one that works for you.  Best of luck!