Question

vtcollege

Improve my credit, one bad credit card
I opened an Amazon.com Chase card and used it for one purchase and left for school. I had my checks mailed home and my parents never told me and came home from school to see a 500$ debt and a credit score drops to 570 because of this, I think.
I believe they wrote it off as bad debt, but if I pay the 500$ back or it payments can it improve my credit? I also noticed something about a Comcast late collection of a small amount, but I dont think that affects my credit score?

In 3-4 months I would like to get a loan for a used car, I was planning on putting 2kish down, and have a steady job and money in the bank, but worried the credit score will not let me get a loan for a car in the 6-9k Range.

Any advice?

I recommend paying cash for a used car and working on getting your credit score ujp, which you can do by reading the articles here and putting needed advice into action.  Check your credit reports (all three of them) so you will know what you have to pay, negotiate or just let go and how to build your score..