Question

SophiesHome15

Improve credit score
I am looking to buy a house within the next 6 months. My credit score is low due to almost maxed out balances on credit cards; seven, mostly small, collection bills and two previously paid tax liens. Which would raise my credit score the fastest?...paying down my credit cards or paying off the bills in collections? I'm not sure I will be able to financially manage to do both.

Derogs have the biggest impact so you need to address them first.  That said, revolving utilization also has a significant impact.  If you don't get your utilization down you can see adverse action from your credit card creditors and you'll be in even worse shape.