Question

jessie3306

improper ratings errors on this site
Through the last 3 or 4 updates it is showing wrong credit card utilization with 4 accounts added together I have @ $4200 in credit cards or credit accounts, the utilization has shown that I owe over $2100 towards these accounts combined, when I owe somewhere @ a total of $400 on all combined credit accounts!! This site has updated a few times and still shows high utilization , keeping me in the poor range, if it updated properly my credit utilization would go from poor to good!! It has updated a few times and my used credit has not changed that much,, why does this show I owe so much, keeping my rating in poor status?

Check the reporting dates of your accts

I have noticed the same thing on a few of my accounts too.  But if you look closely at the reporting dates of each of the accounts you will sometimes find that not all your creditors report regularly.  My info gets updated but if the account info has not updated by the creditor then you see no changes.  I have a personal loan on my report that has not updated since Nov of last year. They only report quartely.  I have one credit card that seems to only report when I make new purchases, but not when I pay off the balance (Thanks AmEx). So it's not always the CK's fault.  I checked my accounts today and many of them have not been updated since January and its almost the end of Feburary. 

Check that info on your credit accounts page of your credit report here on CK. If that info is not updated regularly then that may be the issue. There really isn't any way for you to force an update.  The only solutuion I know of would be to pay for a "Rapid Rescore" where you would pay one of the Credit Bureaus to physicaly call the lenders to have the info updated manually. 

Hope this helps, Good luck 

What is reported here does not get reported anywhere else.  The scores here are for use with this site's financial tool and only YOU see YOUR information.