Question

499lake

Impact on my credit score if I remove myself as an authorized user from a maxed out c.c. account?
I am an authorized user on another person's card card account, which are maxed out. I am not married to the account holder and not responsible for the debt. Will my score go up if I remove myself as an authorized user? this is not an easy question to answer with certainty.

Most Helpful Response

Get removed and it should help. Worst case, you can get added back on when the account is brought into better standing. Work on building your own solid credit profile, it is never good to depend on anyone else for anything, especially your credit.