Question

Posted in Banking

Antsvaldez303

Im trying to fix my credit. I need a good checking and savings account for people with poor credit.
Im trying to fix my credit and my life and start over. Clean slate. Can anyone give me any suggestions on a good babk for a checking and savings. Thanks

Unless your name is in the ChexSystem (usually for writing non-sufficient funds checks) virtually any bank would do.  Credit unions are excellent. Check with friends and relatives about their bank experiences.

Woodforest Bank, located in most Walmart stores, offer "second chance" checking and savings accounts if I'm not mistaken. You might check that out. Also keep in mind these type of accounts will not alter your credit score because it's your own money going into these accounts. You might try obtaining a secured credit card at some point. Please read the articles here and other sites online to educate yourself.