Question

Debt95

Im trying to consolidate my credit cards,but the bank isn't offering me enough to consolidate. help!
I have 1500 worth of card debt, but my credit score isn't high enough to allow a credit line of that amount. I applied for chase's new consolidation card 'slate' and they only approved me 500, how is that supposed to help me with consolidation.

It is what it is. You can only qualify for what your credit and income qualify for.  It's not up to a creditor to ensure that they lend you as much as you need to consolidate all your cards.  If you cannot consolidate with Chase you might want to see if a creditor with more lax criteria migth approve you.  If that's not possible then you may have to look into alternative solutions.

You need an excellent credit rating for many consolidation cards, including Slate. If you're using more than 30% of your available credit; lenders tend to be hesitant to deal with it. You don't state what your credit availability is. Work on paying the card off and paying as much as you can. From then on, charge no more than you can afford to pay off every month. Paying interest is wasted money.