Question

CollegeKid1993

I'm Thinking of Doing a Balance Transfer Should I?
I'm thinking about opening up the Discover it Card that has an Intro Balance Transfer for 0% for 14 months. I'm thinking about transferring my current credit card debt ($228) to it. I always pay off my credit card balance in full. However I'm thinking about transferring because unexpected college expenses, and state taxes has hit me. My question is if I do transfer this balance to the Discover card and pay off within the 14 months:
1) I shouldn't get interest charged to my Discover card right? Since it has the introduction rates therefore I don't have to make payments immediately just within the offer's time frame?
2) Will the Credit Bureau think that I have not paid off this card and it will hurt my credit score?

First off, it is likely that the balance transfer comes with a fee. So you will owe that. This is usually 5% paid up front. If you can pay off the amount ina month or two this may not be worth it. Do your maths here...

Second, you cannot not pay it for 14 months and assume all will be well. In reality you wil have to pay off some amount every month (the minimumum amount due as calcualted by discover) to keep the account in good standing. 

Third the balance on the deiscover card will be showing up as in good standing but will be there so make sure your utlization whatever you put ont eh discover card/credit limit on the credit card remains under 30% if you can.