Question

Ladybugb

I'm on disability now
How does being on disability change things? I'm disabled now and can't work. I only get enough disability to pay my monthly expenses

I have been on disability for many years and it does require learning to live within one's means and utilizing whatever assistance may be available to you through the local Disabled Aervices office.  I use"equal payment programs"on my utilities, which makes their costs predictible every month, and thaty helps a lot!  Depending on your income, you may qualify for "low-income energy assistance" which is an annual one-time payment to offset seasonal highs, which really helped when my winter electric bills would be really high due to the area low temperatures.  You may also qualify for food stamps and/or the food bank.  There also could be income-contingent housing available. Nothing wrong about using these programs if you qualify for them and they do help a limited income go further.  Now, asfor credit accounts, you want to keep those somewhat limited due to the income constraints.  If you haven't already read the articles on this site, please take the time to do so very soon since fully understanding how credit works is especially valuable for those of us on fixed incomes.