Question

Kingslife17

I'm on a friend's Capital One Account as an authorized user.
A friend put me as an authorized user on the account. They been mismanaging the card badly, and my scores have taken a roller coaster ride. Basically 100% utalization on a $4,000. Should I get off of the account to reboost my score & loose the $4,000 off my credit line. Or stay on and ride the wave out to its paid off (not knowing when that will be). I'm asking this cause ive come into a higher paying job and plan to be applying for new cards & loans over the next 3 months.

If you are indeed being hurt by the accountholder, you can have yourself removed from the account. If you are already trying to rebuild credit, why add the burden of someone else's mistakes? There are credit-building cards (CreditOne, Capital One), that you can get and be responsible for your own financial activity.

Get your name off that card ASAP!!