Question

v55

Im on a fixed income, can I refinance my car loan ($26,000) to lower my monthly payments
I want to keep the car I have my credit score is over 700 bit my payments are too high for my income

Well...

It's completely possible, but note that your car depreciates, so most lenders would be leary of refinancing a loan for an amount higher than the car's actual blue-book value (for instance: if you have $26k left on the loan but the car only blue-books for $15k in its current condition, you'd better have a score closer to 750 than 700.) 
--

Also, along the same vein, a lender is going to look at how much further a car will depreciate over the life of the loan, which will likely factor into their decision.

--

If I were you, I'd talk to a lender and ask before they do a credit inquiry, to see if your car's value is high enough to justify the loan re-finance (or you can check yourself online by getting the blue-book value of your car and comparing that to the loan principle left to pay down).