Question

GettingStarted

I'm just getting started, and I already have 21 hard inquiries.
Hello! I am fresh out of college, and in the past year I have begun attempting to build my credit for the first time. I didn't have much guidance on the issue, so I applied wherever seemed likely to provide me with a small line of credit just to get started (gas cards, secured credit cards, etc.). The problem is that once I finally found a credit union that would approve me for a secured card, I had applied many nearly a dozen other places.

I didn't realize these would count as inquiries as soon as I showed some credit history, so now I am stuck with 21 hard inquiries. Now, only four months into having credit, my Transunion and Equifax scores are below 640 even with perfect payment history and proper credit usage / limit management.

I have read that, on average, a hard inquiry docks 5 points from your scores. Is there a way I can get these inquiries removed without a ton of hassle? Thank you to anyone who responds!

Not a chance...

Inquiries will remain on your report for 2 years.  However, these inquiries will start having less impact after about 1 year.

Also, the negative impact is more likely 2-3 points for each.  Honestly, the low score you have is a result of your limited credit history and less to do with your inquiries.