Question

LillyNJuju

Im in a debt settlement program that will take 4 yrs. When can I expect my score to rise?
I really just want to know if I have to wait for all accounts to be paid or not. I have many accounts settled with payments scheduled out of an escrow account. If a debt is settled and the payments are made on time, will it increase my score?

Yes, it should increase your score, as long as you have some good accounts to offset the bad ones.  If all you have is negative accounts, you'll eventually hit a plateau at some point.  Also, the older the account is the less affect it has on your score, so if they're old, don't expect large jumps in your score.