Question

Bojangles61

I'm going bankrupt
I got screwed in a business deal. partner split , left me , hung out to dry. I have a 5 year lease. we signed. in each of our names. 4k month for 5 years. I have no choice but to protect myself, and claim bankruptcy. so I don't lose my house.

Bojangles61

This sickens me , that I have started out with a credit score of 790. and I have to start all over now, cause I got screwed over. I take my bill paying seriously. I don't wan't this to impact my credit score. I'm a upstanding person.     How can I bring back my credit rating. what's the best way to come back from this?

If you haven't already you might consider speaking to the landlord about your situation and see if there is anything that they can do to help you. Consider looking for another partner that is willing to step in. I would not see any point in filing for bankruptcy until you are pursued for the debt. A bankrupcty attorney could discuss this with you. As far as rebuilding your credit if this would happen, I suggest that you start reading as much as you can on the subject. You can always come here to ask specific questions, but rebuilding is not even in the picture at this point if you haven't even filed bankruptcy yet.