Question

bgdoglvr

I'm confused-why do I keep getting turned down?
My TU is 719 and Equifax is 725. I had a BK over 2 years ago, but make a good income. Well, my combined income from being married is good. Whenever I've tried to apply here and there over the years or ask for a credit limit raise, it's always refused. I've been reading books by Nomadic Matt who recommends trying to get as many travel-rewards cards as possible. Well, after not applying for 2 years since the BK, I finally started with the Capital One Venture and was amazingly accepted! Hurray! Then they sent me an email saying they were investigating further or something to that effect. But after that, every single card I tried--maybe 8 more in all, were all refused. I don't get it. I have good credit--borderline excellent and always pay on time. Why was I accepted by one, then no more? Any suggestions because I really want to start ramping up the only way I'm ever going to get back into travelling again after not being able to really afford it for 10 years. I want to travel so badly and I just need to figure out the right strategies. Anyway, as I said---I'm confused.
Thanks for any help.

PS....

PS---I also tried to do almost all of the credit card attempts within the last couple fo days. I'm not sure if that still holds true, but I had heard that it's better to group your hard pulls into a few days or a couple of weeks? Is that only for car loans or mortgages?

Thanks.