Question

SU60

I'm concerned that my credit score went down significantly after closing a credit card account?
I cancelled the credit card because they were charging me $18.00 a month on a $0 balance for Maintenance Fees.

In that case, even if your score went down (and it can always be built back up) you are better off.  I detest such fees and consider them a rip-off.  Just read the articles here and find a different card (several over then next year or two) that don't have fees and your score may start climbing.