Question

beatlisa

I'm being harrassed by a credit/debit collection agency,
I do owe the funds, the debt was purchased by company in California, they said they were an attorny/litigation office. I do owe the money, but how do I know they are ligitimate? they offered a settlement, of 1/3 of the amount I owed, (debit is old, from 2010), How do I know the debti will be settled, wipped out? Please let me know if anyone has any feedback -- the agency is WM Litigators, orange CA

Did they list your original creditor? Ask for a letter of agreement for the settlement, also ask if they can remove the charge altogether.... That would be even better but legally they don't have to remove the charge completely only update payments being made...