Question

dottynull

I'm auth user on several of my husb accts, his high balances are hurting my credit..advise?

Pretty simple really, if you are only as a authorized user and not as joint account holder, take your name off his accountsNow if one of the reason you are on his accounts was to build up your credit? Then you would need to apply couple cards on your own while the balances was low, if you didn't apply? Then you missed that opportunity, you can wait until his cards' balance goes down then apply, but you do need to do it if it was the plan.

I found, through a divorce, that once an authorized user is on, it is nearly impossible to get removed short of paying off and closing account.  Generally when a husband and wife are both connected, they both become liable.  The creditors will go after the spouse as well as original debtor.  

My advice is to start getting them paid down.  In the future when you want to get a new mortgage, car, or any other high dollar item, you will most likely want you both on the loan to get approved.  You need to be able to show jointly that you can manage debt.