Question

amylynn26

I'm an authorized user on a credit card, how do I get my name off?
I was added to my parents credit card years ago when I lived away so that I could use it if I needed to get something for them. Now the credit card is drastically harming my credit and even though I've asked them several times to have my name removed, it's still on there. What should I do?

Most Helpful Response

If you have all the needed card info, you could call the card vendor's 800 number and ask to have your name taken off. However, some vendors require the primary card holder to make that request. So you may have to lean harder on your parents to get them to do it -- maybe even sit down with them as one of them makes the phone call if they're being stubborn about neglecting to do it.