Question

devink89

im an auth user on my girls credit cards. she is over the limit on shld i remove myself immediatly?
The over the limit just happened so it hasn't been reported so I need to know asap what is my best option that will effect my score the least. Plz help!

Most Helpful Response

I would

Authorized user accounts on your credit aren't supposed to impact your credit positively or negatively. However, in my experience (previous underwriter), that isn't always the case. Remove yourself to avoid any future negative impact to your score just be be sure. Going over the limit one time isn't a big deal as long as it's paid down. But you don't want a card on your account constantly near the limit.