Question

lsanchez66

I'm an auth user for my boss with Chase. They link his credit utilization to my credit report.
I pay my boss' bills and sometimes need to discuss/dispute a charge. To do this I had to become an authorized user on his Chase Sapphire acct. I was not issued a card. Last month he had high credit utilization on this account. I paid the bill off in full as I always do. However, my score dropped over 100 pts. due to the high utilization. Why does Chase do this? Amex and Cap One don't do this. It is not fair to me. I work very hard to keep a my score high.

If you are an Authortized user on the account,you inherit their tendancies (age, utilization, payment history.   He needs to speak with chase to make an adjustment.  They could give you access to discuss the card without being an authorized user.  It is possible that the Amex and Cap one cards are business cards and not personal cards or he may have correctly discussed his needs with them regarding your access.   As you are an authorized user, speak with them on the type of access you need and they you don't need to be a fullfledged authorized user.