I'm a disabled veteran. i have not worked for a decade; should this be entered on my report
(Cont.) to the credit bureaus so that anyone looking to extend credit to me understand the reason for not having credit at my age? I lived with my daughter until the Veterans Administration finally processed my claim for service connection. The process too more than two decades.

Also, I had student loans discharged and my credit score dropped 79 points, is that correct. If not who should address this issue?

Lastly, I am getting a low grade for too many credit inquiries; the reason for the inquiries is that I was shopping for a mortgage loan.

Disability status .insignificant

It's not going to make a difference to the credit bureaus or anyone else why you haven't had credit before but only that you didn't.  I'm a disabled vet, divorced, had student loans discharged and made the needed efforts to improve my credit score.  To start building a good credit file, look into getting a secured card.  You'll have to deposit some money in the issuing bank and that will be your credit limit but, after several months, you may qualify for a "regular" credit card status with  higher interest rate.  Of course the interest rate should be of little importance because you'll want to pay the bill in full every month to avoid having to pay interest.

If your student loans were eliminated due to total and permanent disability, that's good.  The credit hit is likely due to the fact that you (and I several years ago) virtually filed a bankruptcy on these loans.  To make sure how your credit is currently, go to and get all 3 credit reports.  Go over them carefully and file disputes on any item that is not yours with the credit bureau making that notification.  They have to investigate and either verify or delete the item.  Make checking your credit reports an annual ritual so that only true information will be on the reports.

Hope this helps.

Your lack of credit may disqualify you from getting any mortgage right now because a home is a heavy chunk of credit to extend to someone who currently has "no track record."  Check with a banker who specializes in VA loans but be up front with him/her about your credit situation.

The inquiry hits will only last a year and be reported for two, but they don't have a huge impact on your credit worthiness.

Same thing happen to me, the V.A. ruined my credit, it should be taken into consideration when applying for credit when rebuilding what they distroyed!